National PANCHAYAT AWARDS
Ministry of Panchayati Raj has been incentivizing best performing Panchayats through National Panchayat Awards. These awards have been revamped and launched during the current year 2022 aligning them with 9 Localization of Sustainable Development Goals (LSDGs) themes aggregating 17 SDGs.
Primary objective through this competition is to assess the performance of Panchayats in attainment of SDGs, promote competitive spirit among them and catalyze the process of LSDGs through Panchayati Raj Institutions for attaining LSDGs by 2030.
- Awards competition structure is now multi-level pyramidical at Block, District, State/UT and National Level.
- All the Panchayats will be ranked based on their performance under each of the following 9 LSGD themes :
- Poverty free and enhanced livelihoods Panchayat
- Healthy Panchayat
- Child Friendly Panchayat
- Water Sufficient Panchayat
- Clean and Green Panchayat
- Self-sufficient infrastructure in Panchayat
- Socially Secured Panchayat
- Panchayat with Good Governance
- Women-Friendly Panchayat
- All the Gram Panchayats have to mandatorily fill the Questionnaires under all 9 award themes.
- The Award money will be exponentially higher than the previous awards.
Categories of Awards
Awards at National Level will be given to Gram, Block and District Panchayats under two categories namely:
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Satat Vikas Puraskar (for individual theme-wise performance)
- Nanaji Deshmukh Sarvottam Panchayat Satat Vikas Puraskar (for aggregate performance under all the themes)